Sunday, November 6, 2016

Unheard Voices

I feel happy when I hear a kitten meows. When I can't see where the baby is, I try to find it. I love them so much. But not this one time.

I woke to fragile voices of kittens. Probably more than 1. I was tired and sleepy, I couldn't care less. But somehow, the sounds were desperate. I guess they were hungry. So, I walked outside to love them.

As I opened the door, the sight of three unattended kittens at the side of a wall was shocking. One thing I know that it is an unnatural spot for a mom cat to make a home. It's too public. Kitten meows were heavy than usual. Where's their mom cat?

I walked and came closer to one of them and took them to the tender of my palm. What a small creature he is. Who couldn't love such tiny animal? I looked at the other two. There were 2 black kittens and the other one was tortoiseshell. So, I guess the mom cat should have black-white-orange fur as well. But honestly, where is she?

As I gave them comfort, a growl came from the other side of the wall, beside a stair. There I saw a cage. For one moment, I felt devastated. The mom cat was in there. Her nose was bleeding. She was furious I can see it. She moved wildly in the cage responding to the sound of her babies. When she saw me, she growled again. It was a horrible sight. I tried to open the small cage but she aggressively moved to taunt me. She probably thought me as one of those pest control.

I lifted up the cage and carried and placed it right in front of the kittens. From a savage instinct, she stopped and calm down at the sight of her babies. Her big eyes revealed an unconditional love she has for her babies.

I tried to persevere. I came closer once again in an attempt to free her. She enraged again. I lifted the lock and opened the door slowly. She stayed cause it was too small, she couldn't get out. As I pushed the door to give more space for her to be free, a person came.

He was in charged of this uncivilised work. He was the one in power to make the separation between the mom cat and the kittens. He was killing an establishment of love. He was killing it, and I, alas, couldn't do anything until the very end. He was only receiving orders. He was paid. He had to.

I resolved myself, get a self-composure and walked back into my room. At my strength, even when I tried, I failed. But I can't just stop yet.

I want you to listen to the fragile voices of those kittens. If you can't see it, you can look what's closer but far away from you. Palestine and Syria, for instance. How many mothers have been taken away from young children? How many of them are killed? And how many silent voices unheard?

I went back to sleep in hoping for a dream. There, I happily live with the mom cat and the kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment