Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Future: A Winding Road

Assalamualaikum and greetings, young hearts!

On the 1st of April, 2015, Good and Services Tax (GST) has been officially implemented in Malaysia. All registered businesses may charge 6% GST on their services/goods/products.

Of course, there was no guarantee that GST implementation will receive local supports. It's natural that people do not want to pay extra money for tax. Paying less would be better. As for me, I say, taxes are important. Although, for this one, the implementation was a little bit not okay. The system has yet to find its place in this country.

However, worst comes to worst, we have to deal with it for now. Though, I found few have given up in Malaysia due to this. Frankly speaking, this is not
the end of the world.

Once, I was on a journey from Johor to Kuala Lumpur. It was a good day; house cleaning, volunteering ourselves for a friend's dad's favor. Tired but happy (ka-ching ka-ching we got money Alhamdulillah), we were in a middle of a spontaneous discussion and everyone was into it.

Two in the car suggested that they choose to live in another better country after having a stable economy. Why? They have lost interests to live in Malaysia. Probably due to unfortunate events that have undergone for years? Sure and not sure of anything.

Anyway, what did I have in mind? I agreed to them. I wanted to live somewhere else, maybe Australia or South Korea. I can name few more, but I don't think that would make things better.

So, my friend's father stepped in the conversation and enlightened us a bit and said,

"If all of us choose to abandon Malaysia and live in another place because of corruptions, who else are going to take charge and correct those mistakes?"

And that question hit me straight to my heart. We always have our ways to run away from problems, We manage to save ourselves by providing few tangible arguments and reasons. However, the fact is, we're just living selfish noble.

Nobody can change the fact that we, Malaysians, are borned in Malaysia. You may change your nationality, but God knows who you are, people knows, your family, your cousins, and so on, some people knows!

This is not my patriotic text nor I am paid to uplift the dignity of Malaysia. But the future of this country is in our hands. Young people, do not give up. This winding road has just begun. If our beloved prophet Muhammad saw gives up on us long ago, then we are not Muslims right now. His obligations are far more difficult than us. As Muslims, we have duties to the ummah, and that's our commitment.

This is our wake up call!

No comments:

Post a Comment